Foreign students required to hold an ordinary passport and either a X1 visa (study period of more than 180 days) or a X2 visa (study period of no more than 180 days.).
- Applicants should apply for a Chinese visa from their nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate.
- Documentation required for the X1 visa:
- Original passport and photocopy.
- One completed Visa Application Form with a recently taken colour passport photo.
- Proof of legal stay or residence status.
- Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in China.
- Original and photocopy of “Visa Application for Study in China” (Form JW201 or Form JW202).
Besides the documentation mentioned above, other documents might be required by visa officers in order to decide whether to issue the visa on a case-by-case basis.
X1 Visa holders have to apply for a student’s Residence Permit at the local Chinese Police Station where they will be leaving during their studies.
For detailed information about the Chinese study visa contact your local Chinese embassy or consulate.